background

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I need a snack!

I can't even tell you how many times a day I hear these words... I need a snack!  I hear it from Dawson, Emma and even Aubrey over and over through out the day.  They could have just ate lunch 30 minutes ago and they think that they need a snack.  It drives me insane.

So, since summer is just around the corner I have decided to put forth the fruit and veggie tray initiative.  Each morning I will put out a fruit and veggie tray.  Today I put grapes, strawberries, cherries and apples on the fruit tray and I put celery, cucumbers, carrots, radishes and snap peas on the veggie tray.  The kids may help themselves to as many fruits and veggies as they want without asking.  It will be right where they can reach it all day.  I think that I will also start filling a cooler with ice water that they can get water from whenever they want, again, without having to ask me for a drink all the time. 

It has gone well so far today.  The first thing Emma said when she got home from school and walked into the kitchen was, "Hey Mom, can I help myself to some fruit?"  I think that the prep will make a little more work for me but I will enjoy not hearing those four works over and over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment