background

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Love of the Game

Dawson has started machine pitch baseball this year.  He enjoys going to the practices once a week and he is outside often hitting balls or playing catch.  If Dan is home they are watching the Cubs play or outside practicing until it is time to come in for the night.  Dawson just loves the game! 

Dawson finally got his uniform this week and it is the full gear.  Last year they just wore tshirts and shorts.  He has the hat, jersey, pants with the belt, shoes, basically the whole 9 yards this time around. He tried it all on as soon as he got home, even putting the gloves in his back pocket like they do on tv.  He looked old!  It amazed me how he suddenly seemed like a young man, not my little buddy.

Tonight after showers I told Dawson that he could read for 30 minutes before bed.  I told him that I would come back in and put him to bed when it was finally time.  About 8:30pm I knocked on Dawson's door and peeked in.  I was expecting him to be in his jammies and laying in his bed reading his Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.  Instead, I found Dawson in his baseball uniform (cleats and all) practicing his swing with his bat.  How fun! 

I can't wait to watch him play this year.  He is going to have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment