background

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Fun

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was a wonderful day!  I was able to sleep in until 8am, which really nothing else could have happened that day and I would have been good:)  As soon as I got up Dawson rushed to give me his Mother's Day gift that he made at school.  He has been hiding it in his room all week and has been counting down the days to give it to me.  He had made an adorable card and when I began opening his gift he could barely contain his excitement.  Dawson made me a precious tile coaster.  He was so proud and I will admit that I got a little teary. 

We all hurried around and headed off to church.  The kids went to their classes and Dan and I kept Aubrey with us in the service.  She has been working on a bottom tooth and has been a little yucky.  It was a lot of fun having her with us in the service.  She loved the music.  Emma made me a noodle necklace in class for Mother's Day and promptly I put it on after church.  We had some time to spare before lunch so Dan took me to HyVee and I picked out all the flowers for around our house.  If you drive by you will notice that most of them are pink and purple.  Emma helped me pick out all the flowers:)

For lunch we went to my favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse.  Really, I could live off of their rolls!  Aubrey ate a pickle for the first time.  It was pretty funny.  She loved it although even after I wiped her down she still smelled like a dill pickle:)


In the afternoon Dan and the kids helped me plant all the flowers and part of our garden.  It was a beautiful day outside and just perfect for planting.  Emma collected all the worms that we dug up.  She has about 6 in a bucket filled with dirt.  She said that they are all a family now.  There was a small discussion about why worms have to stay outside.



I really enjoyed our family time together.  Dan tried hard to make the day fun and relaxing for me.  I am so lucky to have such a caring husband and loving kiddos.  God has really blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment