background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

An Emma short - It was worth a try...

Tonight, Dawson was in the bathroom getting ready to take a shower and Emma was finishing up brushing her teeth.  I was in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner.  From the kitchen I hear a yell, a laugh and an, "I'm telling mom!"  Dan is gone in North Platte so all that I am overhearing produces a big sigh from me.  Dawson comes running to the kitchen in his Darth Vader undies with water all over his chest.  He proceeds to yell at me that Emma threw a Dixie cup full of water at him.  I heave another sigh and head to the bathroom.  There is Emma waiting for me and this is the conversation that followed:

Me:  Emma, why in the world did you throw a cup of water on your brother.  You know better then that!

Emma: I wasn't throwing it at him.  I was trying to do a trick where I catch the water in my cup.  (Her big blue eye are wide and innocent.)

Me:  Really Emma?  Did you actually think that I was going to believe that one?

Emma (with that twinkle in her eye): No, but it was worth a try

No comments:

Post a Comment