background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day of School

We survived the first day of school!  Here are some fun photos of our big day:


Here is Emma next to her locker on supply drop off night.  She was so excited to drop her stuff off and see her new classroom.


After we dropped off the kids' school supplies we all went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse.


Dawson and Dan being super silly at dinner.


Here is Emma in her "killer" dress ready for her first day of kindergarten.


Dawson on his first day of second grade and at a new school.


Dawson and Emma, together, all ready to ride the bus for the first time.  We were going to take them on the first day but they both said that they wanted to ride the bus instead.


Aubrey just hanging out and waiting for the bus with Dawson and Emma.



Daddy and Emma together.


Dan and Dawson before his big day at a new school.


The kids got all loaded up on the bus and Aubrey began to cry as it drove away.  She was sad for about 20 minutes and then I think that she realized that she got us all to herself:)


It was weird to walk back into the house with just Aubrey.  I don't even know what I am going to do with myself these days with Emma gone.  It was quiet.  So quiet that when Aubrey went down for a nap after lunch Dan and I took a nap too!  Crazy!  I am sure that tomorrow I will begin my major house cleaning.  I had basically given up this summer while the kids were home.  I think that I will also enjoy having time to just hang out and play with Aubrey.  We haven't had much time together just the two of us. 

The day went well and Emma said that the best part of her day was when she met all her new friends:)  Yay for fun new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment