background

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Aubrey's "bee" day!

Aubrey has turned one and I can't believe how quickly the year went by.  I am so thankful for my loud, snugly girl.  I have been feeling pretty nostalgic as this is our last, first birthday.  Aubrey has been such a joyful addition to our family.  In the last couple of weeks I feel like she has grown so much.  She is walking along the couches, has gotten her first two molars and has switched from a bottle to a sippy cup.  I have  feeling that she is about to give up her morning naps too. 

I really wanted to have a fun last first birthday.  We had a BBQ with friends and family and I decided on a bee theme for her big day.  I tried my hand at making outfits for girls to wear at the party.  I think that they turned out alright for my first time. Although, I wouldn't want anyone to look too close at them but from a distance they look pretty cute.


I also made the girls bee hair clips.



I found this cake idea from a Family Fun magazine.  It was pretty easy to make and I covered it in marshmallow fondant.  I wanted to make Aubrey's cake and so I tried to make something that was cute but wouldn't zap me of all my energy making it. 


Here is Aubrey all dressed and ready for her big party.


Aubrey loved her cake.  She kept saying "Mmmm!"




Aubrey is now officially a toddler.  I am trying to enjoy every minute of her because I know that it will continue to go by too fast for me.  My sweet Aubrey Cate, we love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment