background

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's more than a meal

Another MOPS (Mother of Preschooler) mom brought me by a meal this afternoon.  This is meal number 5 that has been given to our family.  I wish that when I say thank you to those ladies that they could hear what I was thinking at that moment.  That they could truly understand that they are giving me more then just a meal to feed my family.  They have given me the time to bake cupcakes with Dawson and Emma.  I was able to make Aubrey's birthday cake just like I had done for Dawson and Emma years before.  I was able to spend time with my sister, niece and nephew and to take the kids on a picnic to the park.  These are all things that, realistically, I could not have done if I was intending to make something other then sandwiches for dinner.  I only have so much energy/feeling good time in the day and I am beginning to understand that my day is filled with choices.  Do I clean the house or take the kids to the pool?  Do I make a good dinner or do I the laundry?  I used to be able to clean the house, take the kids to the pool, make a yummy dinner and then after the kids were in bed I could fold all the laundry.  I could have done all of that in one day and not batted an eye.  Now, I can only do one of those things.  I am so grateful to have a group of moms who love me and my family enough to take matters into their own hands (knowing how hard it is for me to ask for help) and set up a meal train.  Thank you my friends for giving my family a good meal to eat and thank you for giving me the ability to make some extra choices in a day.  God has been so good to me by bringing such dear people into my life.  I thank my God every time that I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment