background

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Constant Vigilance

Well, this week I slacked off somehow and caught the worst cold!  Dawson had it first and I must not have washed my hands enough because BAM it hit me hard.  I think that since I have been feeling well in the Lupus and Crohn's department I have not been as vigilant about germs.  My immune system is so repressed though that I had a terrible time fighting off the cold and it turned into a Upper Respiratory Infection quickly.  I will be doing my best to make sure that will NOT be happening again! 

I found this great all purpose cleaner recipe that I can use around the house as a disinfectant. 

2 teaspoon borax
4 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice

1 teaspoon washing soda

1 teaspoon dish soap
4 cups hot water
Combine all the ingredients into a 32oz. spray bottle.  Shake it up and use it anywhere!



It's strong enough to wipe out germs and viruses. I can use it daily on light switches, door and toliet handles, especially when someone in the house is sick. I am on antibiotics and steroids which have helped a lot but that cough is still hanging around.   So, I am back to wiping down shopping carts and having a never ending supply of hand sanitizer with me at all times.  Constant Vigilance! (Do you like how I threw in the Harry Potter reference?  I just couldn't resist!)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well ... and Sorry I missed you. Jenn is DELIGHTFUL. Loved her kids.

    Adina.

    ReplyDelete