background

Monday, June 27, 2011

Hey Mom, guess what?

"Hey Mom, guess what?"  This question has been asked often in our house.  It has taken the form of Dawson telling me a long, drawn out story about Star Wars or a video game he has been playing.  It has been to tell me that Aubrey has emptied all the baby wipes out of the container and spread them all around the living room while I was downstairs putting a load of laundry in.  However, today this question took the form of Emma with her underwear around her ankles. 

I was changing Aubrey's diaper and as I look up to see Emma there she is in the hallway with her princess underwear around her feet.  She says to me, with all her Emma enthusiasm, "Hey Mom, guess what?  You go potty here and poopy here! (she proceeds to show me before I can stop her)  Isn't that awesome?  I can't believe that I figured it out!" 

What am I supposed to say in these moments?  I can't even tell you how many times she has stunned me into silence.  I decide to go for the "don't make it a big deal".  So I smile and say, "Yep, now can you pull up your pants?"  She does and wonders off to her room.  As she is walking away Dawson turns to me and says, "I did NOT want to see that!"  I have to laugh now as I say to him, "Me neither Dawson but Emma just likes to tell us when she learns something new."  To which he replies, "Well, I am tired of seeing her stinky booty! (long pause)  Hey Mom, guess what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment