background

Saturday, June 4, 2011

She cut my hair!

We have been having an easy day today.  Dan had to go to North Platte and so it is just me and the kiddos for a couple of days.  We spent most of the week on the go and I needed to have a rest day.  I was feeling pretty tired.  We hung out around the house all day, playing wii, watching movies and playing in the sprinkler.  Nothing overly exciting.  I was looking at some sewing patterns on the computer tonight when Emma walks up to me and snips the bottom of my hair with a pair of scissors!!  I am not going to lie...I yelled, "What in the world are you doing?!?  Get you booty in time out right now!"  Thankfully she only got the very end of my hair.  I don't think that you will be able to tell that someone randomly cut it.  I am pretty sure that I would have completely lost it if she had got a big chunk. 

After time out Emma apologized.  I asked her why in the world did she cut my hair?  She said to me, with her big blue eyes (you know those eyes) all teary from getting busted, "I just wanted to have some fun."  So there you have it people.  She was just looking for some fun.  Apparently I did not get her enough opportunities to have fun today and she felt the need to take matters into her own hands.

Emma is now in bed.  I told her that her bad choice deserved something more then just a time out and going to bed before Dawson is the worst thing ever to Emma. You know, I will be shocked if Emma doesn't grow up to go to cosmetology school and have her own salon like her Auntie Emily.  Seriously, how many times has Emma cut her own hair and now mine?  Someone asked me one time why don't I just keep the scissors up out of her reach.  Well let me tell you friends, a little thing like putting something up on a shelf will not deter my little girl.  If it is up to high she will get a chair.  If the chair won't reach it then she will get her stool and stack it on the chair.  If it still won't reach she will then find a toy box and stack it on top of the stool to finally reach what she was looking for.  Now, she will have done this quietly all while I am going to the bathroom or while I have gone to get the mail or down to start a load of laundry.  She is clever people.  There is nothing that she can't do when she puts her mind to it. 

On that note, I will be heading off to plan out our day tomorrow.  Something more exciting and tiring then what we did today!

No comments:

Post a Comment